9.07.2011

TANGER: PLAYING WITH CONTRASTS





TANGER: LE JEU DES CONTRASTES
Once in a while, in Tangier, strict modern lines are found side by side with the gracious curves of traditional Moroccan architecture and furnishings. It could not make me happier. 

A modern art exhibit, le Musée de la Kasbah

An insurance company office

The bed and breakfast L'Elephant Blanc
cote sud

I do not understand why one should want to live in Morocco in a totally modern European space where there is not the slightest hint that you are actually in Morocco. By the same token, I do not go for Dysney-esque Aladdin chichi decors either. What I do love are modern touches playing with the curlicues of typical Moroccan style. I find it refreshing, forward thinking and, when well done, what you experience is a pleasingly balanced tension.

au revoir.



1 comment:

  1. I can't agree more, hints are always the best road taken when it comes to any space. This floor in the last pic is simply magnificent !!!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete