12.09.2011

WREATH INSPIRATION FOR THE WEEKEND





LES IDEES DE COURONNES POUR LE WEEKEND

All right, I can procrastinate no longer. All our neighbors have put up their lights, hung their wreaths and some have even decorated their Christmas trees. We are as usual the bad kids on the block. Shame, shame, shame! 
This weekend is the weekend the wreath, at the very least, will at long last take its winter quarters on the front door. 
I have a wreath made of intertwined reed. Every year I dress it with a different decor according to my mood and what is available in the house or, in a pinch, the nearest craft store. Last year the choice was wide silvery gold ribbon and huge shimmery white snow flakes. A circular winter wonderland of sorts.
This year... don't quite know yet. I am rather hoping the weekend will bear its creative fruits, if you will. One thing is certain: I am definitely thinking RECYCLE, REUSE, RECLAIM, REINVENT. All that "stuff"- ribbons, fabric, ornaments- in the odds-and-ends cabinets down there in the basement will be of great use, at long last.

There is something I like about each of these. 
Inspiration, inspiration, where art thou hiding?



au revoir et bon weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment