4.21.2011

THE EASTER LUNCH











LE DEJEUNER DE PAQUES

The inspiration for the setting for Easter Sunday lunch came from the lovely Irises I received yesterday; yes, I thought, blue will be the color...for once. I immediately remembered the light blue Italian damask place mats and napkins I hardly ever use, and the pale blue plates I never seem to manage to incorporate in any of my "themes".

And then I spied the pale blue egg cups in the glass cabinet. Perfect!

Too much pale blue and the whole scheme started to resemble a baby shower so I added touches of color. 

A little red and yellow from the millefiore glasses

some red and green from the tulips

et voila!
A simple but happy table for a simple and most certainly happy lunch.


Let's not forget one of the important components:
The menu:
Oeufs Brouillés aux Oeufs de Saumon en Coquille 
(scrambled eggs in the shell; hence the egg cups)

A nice leg of lamb
and for dessert the appropriate egg...chicken... whichever comes first. 
Pas de Pâques sans chocolat...
Easter without chocolate? never.


joyeux weekend de Pâques.





4 comments:

  1. Love your Easter table and those irises are stunning, lucky you to have received them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love miniature iris...I used to grow blue ones and loved them! You came up with a lovely table theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see pictures of your spectacular dining room. I can't decide if I like the chandelier or the sideboard arrangement with chairs and mirror better.

    And your menu...your guests are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't seen a chocolate chicken! Love it!

    ReplyDelete