2.12.2010

T.G.I.F. PHOTO CUT-OUTS



C'est vendredi 
today's fun find




Abigail Reynolds, folded photographs






"I collect second hand tourist guides. Within the century of printed photographs that they contain, I search for plates that have been printed at similar scale, taken from a similar view point.
When I find a near match between book plates, I cut and fold the pages into a new single surface. The dates written on each work give the publication dates of the books I have used. Whichever has been used as the 'base' image is listed first."

 Clever and very decorative.
images uppercasegallery 




Alors, c'est amusant?


au revoir.



2 comments:

  1. such a clever concept! I love the "windows"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool...it's like they're being hatched, emerging from within! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete