1.01.2011

THE YEAR OF THE RABBIT







2011
L'ANNÉE DU LAPIN


I do not know what a year of the rabbit could be like. A rabbit is adorable, yes. It reproduces no end, we all know that. And, dare I even mention this, it is great in a civet de lapin, a rabbit stew; (maybe I will be pardoned for admitting to this unconscionable offense, be it only culinary, because I am French and it is practically a national dish?) non? alors pardon... When they were young my children ate this dish with great appetite until they found out if was rabbit. "We ate what? a bunny? Mooooom!"
Of course if you put it that way.... 
I am starting the year on the wrong foot, definitely, with this confession. I don't know why, but I can imagine having all sorts of nightmares in which every rabbit in Australia is coming over for revenge.


However, I will bravely face the Year of the Rabbit with the aplomb of a mother who learned to cook the French way but, with no shame for past missteps, I will not as much as look at a civet this year. 
C'est promis.
yvonne jean-haffen 1895-1993


I know, the Chinese Year of the Rabbit starts in February only
None the less,  

HAVE A GREAT YEAR!


au revoir.




5 comments:

  1. Happy 2011 Jeanne, your post is too cute! Happy rabbit year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a very Happy year to you as well. Thank you enormously for your faithful support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne Aelia you are so inspiring!!All the best!

    Happy New Years!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonne Année, dear Jeanne-Aelia. Our friendship is at the top of my list as one of the best results of being in blogland.

    Je t'embrasse,
    Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karena, Merci beaucoup. Love the visits. Please keep visiting in '11!
    Letitia, I agree COMPLETEMENT... in parallel.

    ReplyDelete