3.15.2010

CLAUDE LALANNE



CLAUDE LALANNE
I find the work of Francois Xavier Lalanne (on the sidebar "deja vu" list: Animals) and his talented wife Claude, fascinating. They both sculpted whimsical and lyrical pieces, some huge - mostly Francois-Xavier- some small and delicate. Claude Lalanne is just as extraordinary an artist as her husband, her inspiration coming more often from the vegetal world. These are some pieces she designed under her own name.
Furniture and objects

delicate jewelry: flowers and leaves; pure poetry   

She sculpted these whimsical apple shaped paper weights...
and shaped this brooch version I cherish.
 Arthus Bertrand, Paris

To learn more about the work of Claude and Francois-Xavier Lalanne, I suggest you read this extraordinary book; pricey but fabulous!
images artnet, artwork images, louisa guiness gallery, artnews, christies, just jewelry, askart, ny times jadhny

au revoir.



2 comments:

  1. I was not familiar with them! Thank you very much for exposing me to them. Lovin' those art nouveau mice.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Ok. I WAS more than familiar with them,,,just hadn't seen the jewelry! ;)

    ReplyDelete