12.15.2009

DEEP SOFAS



LES CANAPES PROFONDS

On a lazy, rainy (or snowy) afternoon, I would really love to lounge in a deep, deep sofa, for hours, with a good book and a cup of hot tea and not see the time go by. A deep sofa is exactly like a large bed; same comfort level, same space, size, height; the big difference is that I probably would not spend an afternoon in bed, even on a morose rainy day, unless I was sick; not just-a-cold sick, but a real I-can't-stand-on-my-feet sick. It just would not feel right. On the other hand, on a deep, deep sofa, I would be perfectly happy; no guilt, no embarrassment, no second thought. Then why don't I do just that? my living room could not hold 2 deep,deep sofas any more than it could fit 2 king size beds, in fact. So, for the moment, I will have to stick to my comfortable, average size, perfectly acceptable sofas with my feet on the coffee table or a padded ottoman; but this is no reason not to show you the deep, deep sofas I dream about.

like a super size bed to get lost in









the vast sectionals




double comfort in double the real estate



the future is like a football field

images snayl, apartment therapy, madecoration, aphrochic, caravane paris, kenneth brown, living etc., room service via flickr and google



au revoir.


No comments:

Post a Comment