12.14.2014

A TRANSATLANTIC SHIP IN PARIS




UN TRANSATLANTIQUE EN PLEIN PARIS 

Some friends and I have an" abonnement" - season tickets- to modern ballet at the Palais de Chaillot in Paris. 
I find most of it great. Some of it is not quite my cup of tea. 
What I do find fabulous however, is the building itself with tall, tall ceilings, art deco style everywhere, and that lovely feeling of being in one of those magnificent transatlantic ships of the 40's.
There is huge difference of course:
THE EIFFEL TOWER, staring at you through every window. 
My idea of Pure Heaven!

au revoir.







4 comments:

  1. Oh I do wish I had known about this when I lived in Paris in 2012....as you know. I would have adored it. We saw modern ballet (by William Forsythe) and it was superb at the Palais Garnier. Beautiful interior....but the Palais de Chaillot looks enchanting. Looks like I'll have to visit Paris again. You may like to know that I have relaunched my blog...."Paris Rendez-Vous and Beyond".....I blog about Brisbane, Australia, Art and celebrating life. I do hope you have time to take a look. Ciao, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son who lives in Brisbane just landed last night for the Holidays in Paris! You may want to check out the Molten Store pop up store , on James st. I believe.http://www.moltenstore.com this is what she says on FB "Come & treasure hunt amid the glitter at The Wintergarden, Brisbane City & on James Street, Fortitude Valley & enjoy complimentary gift wrapping with all purchases." Tell her Kevin's mother sent you. Have fun and have a great end of year followed by an equally great New One!

      Delete
  2. I did venture into Molten Store Jeanne-Aelia. But I forgot to mention you!! Anyway the delightful lady in that store starred in my blog post....and I must say I splurged on some gorgeous earrings!! Very nice concept! Hope Kevin enjoyed Paris!
    Ciao
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete