11.06.2013

THE LITTLE SWEATER THAT NEVER QUITS





LE CARDIGAN QUI A REFAIT SURFACE

You may remember my post about the Missoni sweater I got at Target, against all odds, two years ago. (There was a rush- no, a regular stampede- on anything Missoni had designed for Target.) I still have it even though it is more than two years later and I still love it. Yet, I was relatively surprised to see Kate Blanchett wearing it in Blue Jasmine, the latest Woody Allen movie. A Target sweater? Yes, a Missoni, but really? with her Hermès bag and Roger Vivier shoes?
The (highly important!!) question is this: where did the film's costume designer get it? At Target, that one and only day they still had some? on Ebay afterwards? -everyone was saying that was the reason for the rush on the event in the first place-. 
I won't loose sleep over this, of course. it's just funny to see it in the movie, that's all. Of course, the costume designs were certainly chosen a long time ago. Maybe even when THE Missoni/Target line was in the stores. The designer can be commended for his or her thriftiness, in any case.

Two (highly important!!) questions were put to me, by a dear friend: how did you spot it and how do you remember it? 
The last (highly philosophical!!) question : is it that important? 

To ME it is...somewhat, maybe, a little; enough to bring it to the attention of the Fashion-History/Woody-Allen-movie-hungry readers among you, my no-minute-detail-bores-me readers...

Oh, and if you have not already done so (and if you are in a super, SUPER up mood...) do go see Blue Jasmine.

au revoir.




4 comments:

  1. I really wanted that bicycle from Target with Missoni all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there were some pretty neat things that time, from what I heard and read...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, we will really need sweaters this winter,
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does one loose sleep?

    ReplyDelete