7.24.2012

DID WE REALLY NEED THIS?






IL NE MANQUAIT PLUS QUE CA...
I suppose there is no such thing as a mirror-smooth move. 
3 days before the movers are scheduled to come charging in with their million boxes,  tons of popcorn, and miles of bubble wrap etc., we are dealing with a plumbing emergency. 
A good chunk of the kitchen ceiling decided to come crashing down onto the kitchen table this morning, soaked by a what seems like a bathtub, shower, AND sink-full of water...from the master bath above. 
An "angel" of a plumber- no other qualifier suits the occasion- came rushing to the rescue- he must know by now how GRATEFUL we are that he did so!- and he got things fixed in short order. That is, he got the plumbing fixed.
Now, Phase II: the ceiling needs to dry thoroughly, then- and only then- can it be repaired and painted and then, MAYBE, we might be able to go on with the lovely silky-smooth business of moving...
Aghhh!!!!!

au revoir.












6 comments:

  1. How fortunate you are to have had a professional plumber readily available. This happened to us some years ago and again in the morning over breakfast.
    It is easy to solve - Wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might be dealing with someone falling through the attic because I have a hole in my garage ceiling where my husband fell through. It is currently under repair too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plumbing problems are such a drag...and now the repair work. You must have made that plumber feel like a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jeanne-Aelia I hope this did not put you right over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness—dear me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I hadn’t seen this as I really want one now!

    ReplyDelete