5.14.2010

TRELLISES





LES TREILLAGES

"A summerhouse, gazebo, arch, etc., made chiefly or completely of latticework" -Thesaurus.

I have said it before: Spring is my very favorite season of all. I love Spring and its flowers and shining new leaves and pleasant temperatures. What I don't love are the muggy summers of NYC- at least the heat of southern France while often stifling, is dry and breathable. I don't like Autumn much either; it announces the inevitable: looming in the wings are the depressing cold short days of Winter.
But let's not ruin this beautiful Spring by even thinking of all the other seasons. They will come soon enough. 
When I think of Spring my mind wanders off to gardens, beautiful gardens, and what prettier garden is there than one dripping with flowers and greenery? and to hold all these blooms and leafy tentacles, what better than some glorious treillage
The most breathtaking are not built only to train vines and plants. I found some that are spectacular some slightly more modest, all gracious in their fine lattice work some as stately as Marie-Antoinette's Petit Trianon
Like a crown on a regal head.

Trellises as walls and fences

As faux doorways and urns

As grand birdcage-like gazebos.

As garden corridors

Bringing the outdoors in:
Trellis detailing on doors and mirrors




In garden-like rooms
images wendy dricoll, roseraie du val de marne, winterburn group, chantilly, willowbrook park, fotothing, treillage.co, accents of france vis stylebeat, southern accents via peak of chic


au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment